Thursday, February 20, 2014

Make & Listen Along


~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~


The boxes have officially come out of the garage and are being filled. I am finding it quite amusing that I can find boxes pre-labeled from the last move (a whole year ago) to go with each room! I do have to make a manifest for this move; each box must be numbered and the contents listed. That is slowing things down a bit, but I am not complaining much because it is the only hoop we have to jump through this time around. (Being permanent Canadian residents is making the process much easier.)

I have been making some serious decisions about what to keep and what goes. Mason jars have reproduced like bunnies around here but with garden dreams, and the canning that goes with a bountiful garden, dancing in my head I can't let them go!


Our collection of scissors and punches was also a bit out-of-hand so I shipped some of those off to a sweet friend and kept just a few for us. 


Speaking of shipping things...
I have started boxes for friends filled with things I think they would like. Things I can bare to just send off to the thrift shop. Those will be mailed out today! It is great fun to share!


Then there is the matter of art supplies. What stays? What goes? What stays out for the next week? What comes with us on the trip? I am telling you... pressing issues! 


I have been checking lots of things off my lists but more seem to be added... those little boxes in my organizer seem to be reproducing like rabbits too!

The one week countdown is on. We leave here a week from tomorrow! Eek!

We have been listening to the usual tunes and lots of Olympic Games coverage latley. The games have been a nice distraction... and I just love the Olympics!

Your turn.
Please share what you have been making and the tunes on your playlist. And don't forget to leave a link to your post if you played along so others can visit your Make and Listen posts. 

I have been trying to get around to visit your posts each week (sometimes it takes me a few days) and they are wonderful! Thanks, to all of you who are joining in and linking up!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, a week, that came up fast. I couldn't let the mason jars go either :) How nice to share the supplies you no longer need.

    I have been making gnomes around here for an order, doing a little knitting (still the same shawl) and looking for the next knitting project. We have been listening to the quiet, with a little bit of Olympic coverage as well, can't resist it.

    Good luck with the final preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egads so soon! I'm excited for you to be back in a place you love so much.

    As for making: I've made a hat, coasters, hot pads, a set of placemats for our patio table so we can eat outside. I've been making bread and now yogurt again.

    Strangely we've been quiet around here. Very little music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also buy hole punches every time i see them at the thrift store or a garage sale for a quarter. (#._.#) actually that goes for a lot of office supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack, 8 days!! Deep breaths!
    Here's this week's post: http://amyhoodarts.com/2014/02/20/making-listening52014/
    Lots of making going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful you make moving look! It's the unpacking that I love - let me know if you need any help at all! ;) Can't wait!

    I look around our house and even with all the purging I do I think I'd want to get rid of a lot when(ever) we move. I'm impressed with your organization and bet it will make the unpacking so much easier!

    Joining along this week!

    http://theshards.ca/2014/02/make-and-listen-3/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy packing! I can't believe you're moving so soon! I always liked the purging of "stuff" part of moving though. It's nice to start out in a new place with everything organized. Joining in this week.
    http://summerplayshouse.com/2014/02/20/making-listening-blogger-swap-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh packing!!!! I feel for you. It will be quick though!!

    I joined today: http://lifeonacanadianisland.blogspot.ca/2014/02/who-bread-snoopy-quilt-more-making.html

    ReplyDelete