Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Little Bit of This & That





There has bee a lot of bird, bee, sun, and cloud watching around these parts. This has resulted in some fun artwork, conversations, and pondering about the nature of things.

Speaking of nature... Our Simon Canyon hike was highlighted over on Imagine Childhood. Their Nature Walk series is a very neat way to see nature from around the world. Not to mention the whole site and blog are very cool! Last time I contributed the kiddos were so little and we shared a Nova Scotia nature walk. Fun to see the radical change in location.

My Mom is coming today. She is going to be here for ten days and the kiddos, and this mama, are super excited! I am sure there will be lots of making going on since Grandma is so very creative and loves nothing more than creating with the kids!

I have been sketching up more ideas and purchased some more fabric this week. A studio clean up is in order today in anticipation of some of my own making time while Grandma is here! Hopefully that clean up will include finishing up some fabric bins I have started to help with the organization of that space.

I will be back on Thursday with the Make and Listen Along. Hope you will join up this week!




8 comments:

  1. enjoy your time with your mother and the free time you'll get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time with you mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! She is an awesome grandma so we always have lots of fun when she visits!

      Delete
  3. Have fun with grandma! Love the first drawing photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little artist. I am thinking of sharing all the art he produces in one day. It is amazing.

      Delete
  4. I love the diversity in the birds in that drawing! Have a wonderful time with your mom. I so look forward to my mom coming out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom visits are awesome!
      I love how he did all the birds too. The little blue bird flying from the tree is my fav!

      Delete